It has always been a head scratching question what is the most important factor of a website, and every website designer and website development companies in the market says there has been an equal match of importance to its answer, between the design of the website and content of the website. They both are interconnected and cannot achieve its purpose individually. Just having a beautiful design without any relevant content is not enough and same way having catchy content without attractive designs also won’t work.
Following are the few factors discussing why and how content is an important part of a website:
- Never put up content on a website just for the sake of having some texts on a website. Even though research has shown that very few people actually reads the content whereas most of them just scroll through it, but even if the few who actually read it notices that irrelevant content has been uploaded on the website it won’t take much time for the word to spread, and the consequences that follows will cost you high.
- When it comes to content there are always two parts of it, one is text content and second is visual content in form of images, graphics and videos. Both are again equally important, a page full of texts no matter how relevant will seem boring without any pictures or videos. So having both text and visual content in equal proportion is necessary.
- While writing the text content for a website there are few key points to be kept in mind like it should be informative and explain everything about your company including the company beliefs and values, nature of business, the product and services that you are offering this way the customer won’t have to look any further to gain information about your business. Secondly always ensure to use keywords related to your business in your website content as this will help you with the search engine optimisation part.
- An important factor with content is it has to be up to date, outdated information will send out a message to your audience that you don’t care about your website visitor and are providing wrong information which will lead to loss of trust and doubt and business credibility will be questioned.
- Another type of content apart from website information included in your website could be blogs and articles that offer valuable information and help in adding on to the knowledge of the reader. These type of content are very useful again in search engine optimization, as regular blogs and article posting means new content on regular basis giving new information to the search engines leading your website to show up more the search engine. This way you will be able attract more traffic to your website. Also such contents if the visitors start liking they will eventually share it on social media platforms, which automatically leads to brand awareness.
- Quality content proves beneficial to a business in many ways like:
- Number of leads increases
- High conversion rate
- Helps in content marketing
- Helps with search engine optimization
- Better ranking on search engines
- Acts as a knowledge provider to website visitors
- Contributes to the business growth and success
As it has been seen that every element of a website irrespective of how small or big it is, is important and plays a crucial role in the overall outcome and have equal contribution to the business growth and success, therefore website content cannot be left out and is one of the major elements that determines whether the website will thrive or wither.
144 total views, 1 views today