Before jumping on to the key elements of landing page lets understand what a landing page is. It’s basically a single page that has complete information about the services that your website has to offer along with a call to action button generally in the form contact forms that visitor has to fill up to get in touch with you or purchase your services or products. If the visitor is accessing your website from any other source say for example a online paid advertisement then instead of redirecting them to the website they should be landing upon the landing page as this has better chances of lead conversion.
Now that we have understood what a landing page is we can jump on to the key elements that frames a perfect landing page:
- The first thing that the visitor should see when on landing page is a catchy headline along with a header image that will resonate with your business brand at the same time catches the visitors attention, it could be something that describes what your business has to offer in a presentable manner and this would help the visitor to know as well what you have to offer.
- Second thing is the main content body of the landing page that can be categorized into two parts, first being where a brief about your company added with your products and services are explained along with their benefits, and second being how you are different from your competitors, what unique thing you have to offer that others are not offering. This way the visitors would be well informed as to what all things they will be getting and why they should prefer you only and not any other business out there who are offering similar services and products.
- All words and no images will make the entire landing page look dull and visitors won’t stay long on the page, as its said a single image is equals to hundred words, use images, graphics and videos that would explain more about your product and services in the content body section itself.
- It’s important to gain trust of your visitor before they can take the final action and be your customer, and the best way to gain trust is to let them know the feedback of people who have used your products or services, so a section of customer/client testimonials will do the job.
- Next is the important element and that is a powerful call to action button, now there are multiple ways in presenting this, either you can put up a call to action button after clicking which a form would appear where the visitor will fill up the required information to avail your product/service or form could be kept separately and other forms of call to action features can be used for example asking the visitor to share details like name and email address to for any subscription that you are offering or for a demo about the product or service that you are offering.
- And last but not the least will be the footer section of the landing pages, unlike website footer page here there should be no links that would redirect them to any other page, it should be short and simple, for instance you can mention the company name along with contact address and contact number.
To conclude it can be said that a landing page is the online version of a single page physical brochure that has complete information about the product/services only difference being the important purpose that the landing page serves, collecting visitor data in exchange of the products and services offered.
75 total views, 1 views today