Mobiles have become a device that is doing wonders in the world of technology. There was a time when all the company had to worry about was to make a good looking website for desktops that would help them connect with their customers, and let them explore the options that the business is offering. But with launch of mobile phone, and that combined with Internet changed the entire game. Everyone’s go to option to look for products suddenly shifted to mobile phones. This left the business with another task of creating mobile friendly websites. Otherwise the business would potentially lose more than half of its customer. There are two ways that are usually practiced when it comes to website designing. First is to create two separate websites, one for mobile and one for the desktop. This also started decreasing once responsive websites came into the market. Responsive websites are easily compatible with any kinds of devices.
That said let’s see what are the key features of a mobile website. Many of the features would be same as a normal website, there are few which needs to be emphasized in order to be compatible with a mobile device:
- Most important feature is the website should be legible, which means readable. As mobile devices are small, you need to remember to focus on the font size, keep it little big so that user could read the website information easily.
- Make use of the location features in mobile devices. This will help your business to understand the user demographic and accordingly present your information.
- Your contact information should not get lost. Usually in desktop version you would find contact details in the footer section, and they are easy to locate as well. Same should be done in case of mobile devices as well. One trick would be to keep the contact information fixed at the top so that even when the user keep scrolling through the website it will remain visible to them.
- As mobile devices are small, images might not be easily visible if it is too small. So keep the images in a medium size that doesn’t takes up too much space and give an option to zoom in the picture.
- Integrate the contact information with a function of click to call that are usually found in most of the business website. So when the user clicks on the contact number given in your website it would redirect them to call section of their phone.
- Same issue of device size remains with call to action buttons as well. So in order to avoid it, increase the size of call to action buttons, and choose fonts and design accordingly that would be easily visible.
- Social media is another feature that causes a difference in mobile devices. As social media platforms are more popular in mobile phones, integrating social media with your mobile website would give your business website an added advantage.
If your business website is not mobile friendly this might be the time for you to get a web design company on board to create a beautiful and functional mobile website.
132 total views, 1 views today