E-commerce website are basically websites that allow you to run a business online. Best examples of E-commerce website would be Amazon and Flip kart. We all have used this site once in our lifetime, or if not used at least have seen these websites. E-commerce website is built up of multiple features out which there are few key features that cannot be missed. If you miss them at the time E-commerce website designing then it would be like designing a website without its core features. So following are the few key features of an E-commerce Website:
- First and foremost is the most important at the same time most basic feature of web designing, user friendly. The website should not be complex and should be designed with user’s perspective. You as a web designer might not find it complex, but for the user who is not aware about the back story of designs would definitely find it difficult to navigate through the website if too many complexities are involved.
- An E-commerce website without cart would be like you displaying all your products just for the sake of seeing them and not buying them. If a user wish to purchase multiple products from your website and there is no option of cart, they would immediately abandon the website rather than spending time in buying products individually.
- With cart also comes the option of wish list in an E-commerce website. This gives the customer the option to save a product that they have liked in a special place and can buy them later on.
- Discounts and offers are something that defines every E-commerce website. It is quite normal these days where people visit a physical store to have a look at what they want to buy and then later buy it from e-commerce websites due to discounted prices.
- Proper images of every product that has been listed on your E-commerce website is another feature that is important. Gone are the days where there use to be just a single picture of a product. We live in a time where E-commerce giants are offering 3D visuals and videos of the products that they sell.
- Another important feature that cannot be ignored is having the website mobile friendly. As major crowd of people have shifted to mobiles for searching anything that they want to buy, it would be in the best interest of the business to have a mobile friendly website.
- Payment gateways are another important feature. With digital money becoming the trend very few pay via cash for a product these days.
- A secure E-commerce website is a go to website for any customer as they stay assured that they are having a safe online transactions.
- Customer reviews is another important part of an E-commerce website. A customer before buying any product would look through what other people have to say about the product. And based on customer reviews they purchase a product. Don’t be surprised if a customer skips buying a product because it doesn’t has any reviews.
All the above mentioned features are something that we normally see in every E-commerce website. And a website that has these features creates a picture in the minds of the customer that it is a trust worthy and authentic website.
178 total views, 1 views today