Company Logo is a very crucial factor and therefore making changes to it cannot be done easily. Customer associate with a brand with its logo, for example if you see a bold yellow colour M you will easily recognise it as Mc-Donald, that’s the impact that a logo has on customers once it is settled in their mind they subconsciously start relating logos with the brand and create a positive trustworthy picture of the company. So making changes to something so important needs to be given a thought, before jumping on to the conclusion of redesigning company logo give it a thought analyse all the reasons to understand if a change is required or not. General reasons cannot be considered in case of redesigning company it has to be to the point and accurate and if done correctly would pay off and lead to company’s success.
Research shows that following are the few reasons why a company should think of redesigning the logo:
- If the logo is too complicated then it is better to redesign it into something simpler before it causes any more losses then what it actually does. Complicated logos with too many symbols or colours that has no match with your brand will do more loss than gain, people won’t be able to relate with your company’s brand, purpose of a logo is to be something that catches the consumers attraction and leave a lasting impression in their minds.
- Outdated logo is another reason that pushes the company to make changes in logo, with evolving trends especially in terms of design and technology it would be appropriate to be up to date with those trends so that your customers don’t feel that you are stuck with old trends, and this specially goes for brands that have been in business for a long time you cannot approach the modern era consumers with old trends.
- Another factor that changes with evolving time is the brand focus and company’s values and missions, over time with growth comes expansion phase, in expansion phase many things are bound to change like brand focus, target audience, marketing strategies and the company’s mission and vision statements as well, this means that it would be better to modify the company logo accordingly to do justice to all the mentioned changes, this way it would be easier for the consumers as well to associate with the company, otherwise with so much change and old logo, it would be like displaying something that the company no longer is.
- Change in logo could also be because of any mergers and acquisitions that might have took place, to represent the new formed company it’s better to have a new logo altogether that would represent the values and beliefs of the new firm.
- And last but not the least is if the existing logo is not interesting in any terms be it design or readability company can think of redesigning it because competition is something that’s increasing day by day, the market out there is frequently changing if a competitor comes up with an interesting logo that creates a brand image automatically for the consumers then your brand will be out of the game very soon.
Hope the above reasons would have helped you in getting a clear idea whether it is time for your company to change its logo or not, but always make sure that don’t opt for drastic changes in logo rather it should look a modified version of the older logo, because otherwise consumer might not able to relate to your brand at all, for example Cadbury Dairy Milk, you are used to seeing a colour combo of purple white and yellow with a particular 2 glass of milk symbol now all of a sudden if its changed to say red or green colour with some different logo firstly the consumer won’t find your product that easily and second they would think twice before purchasing it.
So the trick is to modify the existing design, for these kinds of changes you can consult web design companies who also specialise in logo designing for better ideas and beautiful designs.
112 total views, 1 views today