Displaying prices on a business website has always been a debatable question, at least in case of a service based business. For product based businesses it is normal to have their product displayed on their website along with its price. The opposite of this would seem unusual for a product based business.
There are many attributes to displaying prices on a website, and it’s not just restricted to a particular type of attribute, it is a combination of positive and negative attributes. After a thorough analysis of these attributes it is up to the service based business whether they are ready to display prices on their websites. There is no particular way of doing this. There are no strict practices that service based company have to display prices or the opposite of it. It is all up to the business, either way it has its own advantages and disadvantages.
So first let us take a look at the positive side that is why a business should display its service prices on their websites:
- Usually a service based business do not display their prices on the website. So if you opt to display your services on your website then this would make you stand out from your competitors. Standing out is a good thing, businesses usually hire experienced people to design strategies that would help them differentiate themselves from their competitors. Well you won’t need this if you decide to put up separate pricing section on your website.
- Displaying service prices on website saves your time. Without any prices displayed on your business website, you will be interacting with even those customers who are just there to bargain the prices and at the end may not even avail your services, leading to your wastage of time. So by displaying services prices your business is going to attract customers who are actually looking to avail the services that you have to offer.
- Displaying service prices creates a trust among the customers. They no longer will have the thoughts that the company might be charging me a little too much. Displaying prices is also a sign of high brand integrity. It shows that you decide prices based up on your brand value and quality and not based up on the customers worth to pay.
- Many not be aware of this, but displaying prices also boosts your website’s SEO. Using proper keywords in the pricing section could do wonders. Because the most common search a user makes is what the price of a particular product or service is.
Now let us take a look at what are some of the problems that the business might face by displaying service prices on their website:
- Your services prices will be visible to your competitors. So if you are providing services at lesser rate than your competitors then it is normal for a customer to prefer your services over the competitors. But with competitors knowing your prices they might change their pricing strategy as well.
- Having prices displayed on website comes with the challenge if giving proper justifications while updating the prices.
- This problem is caused due to different mentalities of customers. With prices displayed some customers won’t even give a call as the prices are beyond their budget. But without prices being displayed these customers would give a call to enquire, and then you can talk and convince them as per your skills to avail your services.
123 total views, 2 views today