Key to having one of the best business websites is showcasing things on your website that the customer wants to see. So when it comes to designing a website always do this step of putting yourself in the customer’s shoes and think like a customer, what are the things that you as a customer would want to see on any website that is offering you some kind of product or service? Now we are aware about the fact that the website should be the best in terms of aesthetics and it should be responsive but some other things which are basic things but are of utmost importance and cannot be missed are following:
- The homepage of your website should be in itself a brief introduction to what the website is all about, the products or services that you’re offering should be there on your homepage as it gives the customer an idea what your business is.
- Quite often you might have noticed that on some business website contact details are not mentioned, always make it point to mention the contact details, a number or email address along with the designation who would be responding on the mentioned contact details. This earns you the trust of your customer. And along with basic contact details always provide a contact information to which they can reach out when they have any complaints.
- Business address along with working hours is another important information that you cannot afford to miss mentioning on the website, a detailed address would be best as it’s a sign of authenticity.
- Even though your website homepage has information about the product and services but it’s also better to have a dedicated page for all of the products and services, because once the customer gets a brief idea about what your business is into they will surely go in search of knowing in detail about what you have to offer.
- Call to action buttons are something that the customer always look for, just a brief descriptive website would be of no good if the customer cannot proceed into using your product or service. So always have a call to action button on your website preferably on the homepage as well as on every page. The call to action button differs from business to business, some of the examples are Sign up, Sign in, Subscribe, Get Notified, Get a Quote, Enquire now etc.
- FAQ section is preferred by customers as that answers some of the basic doubts that they might have regarding the usage or process of your services.
- Customers prefers website that are easy to navigate now this is a mistake that most business makes by not focusing on navigation speed and then have to redesign the website, if customer has to spend even 2-5 minutes to navigate from one page to another they might completely let go and hop on to another website with similar services.
- Make sure that your website is protected, get an SSL it’s a kind of encryption system that protects the websites privacy data, think it for yourself will you be comfortable in sharing sensitive data on a website that isn’t protected.
74 total views, 1 views today