So many beautiful websites are out there in the world belonging to different sectors of industry and having different purposes. But ever wondered what goes into making those beautiful website? The time, money and thoughts invested in creating a website is not less. Therefore as a person who is consulting a web development company to make a website you should be aware about the web development cycle that is the process of developing a website. The phases to the web development cycle are:
- Gathering Client requirement: Often the mistake made in the first step is determining it as the process of gather what the client is looking for. Well it is not just that. When consulting a Web Development Company the client is not only seeking technical guidance related to design and development but also to the analytical guidance. Understanding the business type, the industry type, what kind of customers the business has etc. All this needs to be understood before proceeding to the actual design and development part.
- Planning: Once the requirement is understood it is time to plan. Planning phase includes two steps creating a sitemap and a wire frame. This created on the basis of the information gathered in the first phase and its purpose is to give the client an idea of user friendly the website is going to and what features goes where. Upon approval from client only a development companies moves to the next phase.
- Content Procurement: The content of the website needs to be decided on prior hand so that the design and development doesn’t goes under pause phase due to lack of content. Discuss it with the client how they wish to present the content, add catchy headlines, analyse the content from SEO perspective and a lot more.
- Design: This phase includes constructing the design part of the website. How aesthetically pleasing the website needs to look, what kind of colours, images and layouts is determined and implemented. All of these factors needs to be determined on the basis of what the business is, the target audience preferences and industry standards.
- Development: This is where the design that was created comes to life. In the development phase, developers work on making the designs functional by coding it. The process of which page should be developed is already determined in the sitemap with the help of which the web developers proceed, usually the first page to be developed is the homepage.
- Testing and deployment: The entire website that has been created goes under testing phase in order to check whether everything is proper like for example that there are no broken links or there isn’t any mistake with the content. And once everything is tested then the website is deployed to the server and tested once again.
- Website delivery: After the testing is done and the client is satisfied with the end result, the website is launched, in other words website has been delivered to the client.
- Maintenance: Post launch once the users start using the website, if any changes are required as per users feedback then those changes have to be worked upon.
142 total views, 1 views today